For this piece, I decided to work larger (18x18) and to use a limited pallet.

I've been attempting to get my colors in check for months, haven't managed it yet, but I'm trying! I've decided to not let myself use most of the colors on my pallet for a while, and try to stick to  for each piece. This one has... 4 colors. 

Sam. 18x18 on gessoed bristol paper

I'm pretty pleased with how it came out I guess... I don't know, something about it just isn't working for me still. I like the composition, it felt nice to draw a nearly complete figure after so many months of doing close-ups, and I feel like the background is working really well... I just don't think the colors or values are working within the figure itself. 

Moving on.